Thanks to the information the team obtained from their job in Milwaukee, they finally have enough information to begin their operations against Ichiro Kudo-kai and the Chicago Yakuza.
It has to be more than simply taking out Ichiro; they need to take out his supporters and shake up the structure of the clan, otherwise his successor will simply step in and likely things will not change; his successor will likely be fully aware of Ichiro’s plans for Detroit, and will continue. Enough damage must be done to the organization to convince who\ever takes over that Detroit is powerful enough to defend itself & convince them to look elsewhere.
Unfortunately, this will be difficult, as Ichiro’s organization stretches further than most realize. Not only does he control a large and well-established organization within Chicago, the Oyabuns of Milwaukee, Minneapolis & Indianapolis all are under his sway as well, giving him unprecedented control of 4 major cities, and much of the territory between, using the Sons of Raiden go-gang.
The plan is to neutralize the Oyabuns of the 3 other cities before taking out Ichiro himself. This will involve many steps. As the team has proven adept at handling themselves, they will be one of the main instruments in Kiro’s plan. As such, he has a trio of small jobs that need to be completed quickly.
The information that the team obtained from their previous job in Milwaukee has been useful in identifying some weak points in Ichiro Kudo-Kai’s organization. It is now time to begin the work of exploiting those weak points to bring him down. As payment, the team will receive 25,000¥ for each of the jobs, with another 25,000¥ should they manage all 3 within the next week & not alert Ichiro.
1. The first job is to obtain evidence of one of his lieutenants associating with members of the Triads. Information has come their way that one of Ichiro’s newer lieutenants has a gambling problem, and has been hiding it from the Yakuza by gambling with members of the Triads in Chicago. The team needs to get proof of the association so that he can be encouraged to assist in taking down his Oyabun. The information they have indicates that the target, Muru Satohama, participates in a regular poker game. [The location and time data is provided; the next game is 3 days away.]
2. The second job is to kidnap another of Ichiro’s lieutenants & crack the data store in his implanted comlink. The target, Richard Yoshimura is known to keep the wireless access off, so physical access to the comlink will be necessary. He also needs to be taken alive; the comlink has been set to wipe itself should he be killed. The target is known to have at least 1 bodyguard with him at all times. He resides in the same highrise as Ichiro, so the team is advised to avoid taking him at home, as the security on the building is very high.
3. The third job is to kidnap one of the enforcers of the Sons of Raiden: Fiona Huang. She is known to reside in one of the gang’s clubhouses, an old gas station in the outskirts of Chicago. [Location provided]
Once the team is done with these three jobs, the second phase of the plan will be to deal with the three Oyabuns of Milwaukee, Minneapolis & Indianapolis. He is offering 100,000¥ for each of the Oyabuns.
1. Akemi Ota, Oyabun of Minneapolis: Known as ‘The Red Lady”
One of the few female Oyabuns, she runs the Zhang clan of Minneapolis. She is also a skilled doctor and cyberneticist. She is known to be quite close to Ichiro, possibly even lovers in the past. She operates out of a medical clinic (The Ota Clinic) & the Yakuza in the city are heavily involved in cyber-snatching & illegal augmentations. The plan is to kill her first.
2. Dai Zomatsu, Oyabun of Milwaukee: Known as “The Beast”
A powerful troll, he is one of the few non-humans within Ichiro’s organization, he runs the small Chozu clan of Milwaukee. His relationship with Ichiro is unknown, though Ichiro’s intolerance of non-humans likely means that the relationship should not be that good. The plan is to kill him second.
3. Sayuki Chen, Oyabun of Indianapolis: Known as ‘The Young Master”
The youngest Oyabun ever, he runs the small Yakuza presence in Indianapolis, which is heavily involved in cybercrimes. His relationship with Ichiro is rumored to be strained, so it is hoped that he can be convinced to join the Detroit Yakuza. The intent is to approach him after the death of the other 2 Oyabuns and see if he can be convinced to switch teams. If not, he will be killed as well.
The third phase of the plan is to set up someone to attract the suspicion of Ichiro, which will be well-elevated by this time. Kiro will provide another 100,000¥ for the team should they manage to make it look like the target has gone in to hiding.
1. With the three Oyabuns dealt with, the next stage is to ‘disappear’ Juroukei Kenta. He is the next most senior member of the Chicago Yakuza, and one of the most likely to succeed Ichiro. He is non-human (a dwarf), which causes a lot of friction between him and Ichiro.
The final stages are to deal with Honne-onna and then Ichiro. For the death of the two, Kiro is offering 500,000¥
1. Hone-onna, Ichiro’s Shinobi advisor.
Will need to be neutralized before going after Ichiro himself.
2. Ichiro Kudo-kai, Oyabun of Chicago.
The final stage is to kill Ichiro. The team will likely have to infiltrate the Tetsuhama Building as he almost never leaves the security of his apartments.