Having successfully obtained the incriminating photos of their first target, the team turned their attention towards their next target: Richard Yoshimura, the senior advisor to Ichiro Kudo-kai.
Having secured both the services of Ken Tailor, and located a decent place to stay near the target’s residence, the team began their background work.
Checking the building online, they found out a few interesting things:
- An upper/luxury-class residential building in the south-east of Chicago. 50 stories tall, with obvious helicopter landing platforms on the roof.
- Known for its luxury accommodations and high security (claimed by many to be “impregnable”
- Owned by Mitsu Property Development North America, a division of Mitsuhama Computer Technologies. (corporate territory)
- A long-time stronghold of the Yakuza in Chicago.
- On the online resident’s listing for the building, the target was not listed.
- Ken located a Cadillac Cien limousine registered to the target
As the target was known to rarely leave the building, the team had Ken check the area for hackable security cameras; he was able to find one not too far away that caught the car registered to the target leaving the building; checking the tapes going back a few weeks, the team found that it left every Tuesday morning at 9:30 and returned 3 hours later.
Using this info the team managed to track the route of the car part of the way of its route, but lost it after several blocks. They decided to actually tail the car on one of its trips, to determine its destination.
Setting up to follow the car, Hiraku felt a wave of detection magic preceding the car as it drove by; fortunately, he was able to shield himself and Riku from the spell, which he believed to be some form of enemy detection magic. He quickly informed the others to stay well back from the target vehicle in their tailing, and the team proceeded more carefully.
Following the limousine the team though they may have spooked the target when it made a sudden unexpected deviation from its expected path, but continued their tailing by switching off vehicles. After only a few moments, the target resumed its original course, and eventually arrived at what appeared to be its destination, a high class medical clinic.
- An upper-class private medical clinic. 4 stories
- Offers complete medical services from simple first aid to complex bioware development
- A wholly-owned subsidiary of Mitsuhama Biotechnologies, a subdivision of Mitsuhama Computer Technologies (corporate territory)
Finally managing to catch a glimpse of their target as he exited his limo, accompanied by a obvious bodyguard, Hiraku quickly assensed his aura, as well as that of his bodyguard.
- Mundane old human male. Not healthy; generally bad mood/depressed
- Some form of congenital condition.
- Alphaware cybernetic implant in his skull.
- Lower essence than Hiraku.
- He is wearing a very nice business suit.
- Awakened healthy human male. Alert/paranoid.
- No visible cyberware implants.
- Wearing obvious armored jacket, with an obvious weapon underneath, with wraparound sunglasses.
In addition to the target and his bodyguard, a pair of obvious security guards flank the door to the clinic, and movement can be seen inside, past the large glass doors.